Sunday, December 24, 2006

Hotz Cafe at Yulek a.k.a Taman Cheras

Gosh~! It's been 7 days since I started working as a CSP (Customer Service Professional) at SRG Asia Pacific. I'm working on afternoon/evening shift until midnight. I don't have much time to go out and have fun, talk to my parents and not to say blogging!!! Well, I have to work today as well as tomorrow. Although I couldn't hang out with my friends and celebrate Christmas but at least I got triple pay. Yay~!

Well, back to food. I've been to this cafe once which is located at Taman Cheras. It's at the same row as the Flydance Cafe. I made a post on Flydance Cafe before on October 2006. The cafe was packed with patrons during lunch time. But luckily we got our seats as there's still a few empty tables outside.


I ordered honey milk which was one of my favourite. Okay, the good side is they put in a LOT of honey into the drink where other places try to put in as little as honey they can into the drink to save costs. The bad side was it's tooo SWEET cause they put in too much honey. :P Aniways, the drink costs RM5.50.


Shujin had the Ice Blended Mocha which costs RM6.90. The ice blended mocha was very rich in coffee and the aroma was great. The cream on top of the drink though wasn't as nice as those in Starbucks or Coffee Bean. But I can't ask for more cause the price here and the price at Starbucks or Coffee Bean was different~

But one thing that I think was, it's better if they serves their drinks on tall glasses instead of those plactic cups.



We ordered one snack to share along. We had the steamed radish cake. The radish cake costs RM2.50. At first it looked quite normal. Later did I noticed they actually sprinkled some crushed dried prawns on top of the radish cake. The radish cake was soft and warm, plus the spring onions and the dried prawns it was absolutely aromatic.


I ordered the claypot Loh Shu Fun. It costs RM6.90. When my food came I was like, okay....3 small prawns, minced meat and that's it??? One more complain is that it was tad too oily. The oil was enough to fry one egg. LOL I stopped complaining and start to eat. I was quite surprised cause the food looked really common but I find it very tasty. It was delicious. They add in spring onions and a dash of pepper into the loh shu fun. The aroma of the minced meat was really nice. I think they mix something with the dark soya sauce which they used to put into the loh shu fun.


Shujin had their Kung Po style chicken with rice. The rice came in a claypot style too which costs RM6.90. As usual, there were cashew nuts and dried chilis. Their kung po chicken was okay. I liked the cashew nuts they put in. Quite crunchy. But I still prefer those at the "dai chow" one. Forgot where I ate once at a "dai chow" stall and their kung po chicken was very very nice.

The bill came with a 5% of government tax. Overall, I think that their food were okay. I think I'll go back to this cafe to try out their other food. I didn't know that the one at Taman Cheras was a branch until I get their name card. If I'm not mistaken, according to the address given there's one at The Mall.


Hotz Cafe
(Taman Cheras Branch)
Lot33, Block G, Jalan 3/101C,
Cheras Business Center,
56100 Kuala Lumpur

Hotz Cafe Sdn Bhd
Lot G.43, Ground Floor, The Mall,
Putra Place, 100 Jalan Putra,
50350 Kuala Lumpur

Tel: +603-40447118

6 comments:

teckiee said...

ahh i totally love honey milk...but can be very "chai" after the whole cup.. i like the warm version. Btw, Merry Berry Yummy Christmas!

Unknown said...

merry christmas and happy new year to you

MeiyeN said...

happy new year to you and your family! many many manyyyyyyyyy happy returns to you yeah! :D

cookies_cream said...

jackson - Yeah, it's just for presentation. =)

teckiee - Honey milk, it's really one of my fav!!! LOL

kampungboycitygal & meiyen - Sorry for being soooo late but Happy New Year to you guys too~!!! All the best for your future undertakings! ;)

PabloPabla said...

Busy lately, cookies?

cookies_cream said...

pablopabla - Yeah, I've been busy with work and stuffs. Finally I'm free now. I shall start posting before I start my new semester~! :)I saw your blog and you've migrated~