Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Waffle Stop - Outside of Lot 10 Shopping Centre


I actually wanted to try out the waffles from this (kiosk?) shop when I saw it few weeks ago or so. I finally had a chance to do so when my mom asked me to buy her a cap for her trip to Bangkok. This kiosk was located outside Lot 10 Shopping Centre (Opposite of Sungei Wang Shopping Centre). If you are at Lot 10, just walk out from the main enterance where Guess shop is on your left. Turn left and you will be able to see Samsung and New Straits Time booth/kiosk. Keep on walking and Waffle Stop will be there.

They have differet categories of waffles for you to choose from. Four categories which are Classic, Chocolate Galore, Ice Cream and Fruit, and Savoury Special. Waffles can be served in two type. One is the normal type which is "Belgian" (circular shaped waffle with toppings) and the other is "stick" where the smaller size of a square shaped waffle comes with a stick for you to hold. Other than waffles, they also sell brownies.


This is what I've ordered. The Cookie Double Chocolate Belgian priced at RM10.90. The stick one is priced at RM6.90. I was so happy to see it but ended up disappointed when I eat them. Well, there's nothing for me to shout about this particular (stall/kiosk?) as I don't really fancy their waffle.


The waffle does not taste that nice as I can still taste the flour (Not golden brown enough). No nice smell of the waffle, crispiness okay only. The ice cream wasn't that nice, but the cookies, peanuts and chocolate syrup was okay....but my main concern was the waffle.*sigh*

I would prefer Waffle World or A&W rather than this. I used to go to the Waffle World's branch at Sri Petaling but now they have closed down.

9 comments:

Heidi :) said...

Sorry that the waffle dissappointed you. I hate it when you are excited to try something and then it turns out to be a flop. Better luck next time.

cookies_cream said...

Hi-d - I am not sure whether if they are always like that or it's was just my bad day. I actually think of giving it another try, but am not sure whether I should or shouldn't. :(

rokh said...

well if you don't mind the price, the waffle at Gelare, One Utama. Absolutely yummy and the ice cream is a must too

cookies_cream said...

rokh - Hey, thanks for the recommendation. I'll try it out one day. :) But I seldom go to One Utama,haha... :P

Robyn said...

Aw, a name like "Waffle Stop" sounds so promising! I wish we had something similar over here. :\

cookies_cream said...

robym - Haha, only the name sounds promising...but not the food.

boo_licious said...

Gelare closed down already so doubt you can try it out. I'm old fashioned - I love the A&W waffles still.

Unknown said...

This must b a new outlet. It was not there b4 wen i was in M'sia. I was working just beside LOT 10.

cookies_cream said...

boo_licious - Hmm, won't have the chance to taste the waffle at Gelare..

puspha - I'm not that sure, but I recall only seeing this kiosk thing few months back, I think? @_@